Thursday, June 21, 2012

Daffa-ho-dil...!

Daffodils are flowers for unrequitted love. When I mentioned this, my Sulekha friend Mr. Rajinder Kushwaha was quick to note that Daffodil can be pronounced as Daffa-ho-dil....which in Hindi means 'get lost heart'. And that immediately prompted me to pen this poem...!




Dil-
Drips wounds, pith vilified.
Wrings slowly dry.
Aching scars
wrinkle as memoirs.

Dil-
Walked all over, splintered
to hurting smithereens.
Splits tempered,
repasted. Re-made a working machine.

Dil-
Persistent. Too vain.
Stop being feather brain!
Don’t resurrect.
Futures lie imperfect.

Dil-
Daffa-O-dil!!
Daffa ho jao!
Peaceful mind’s unsympathetic foe!
Let me be. Misery free.
Let me remain
a lifeless frame
of a working brain.
And you may hang dry within!

No comments:

Post a Comment